Sewing Machine Repair Services
Kindred Spirits offers repair services on most brands of sewing, quilting and embroidery machines.
|A full maintenance service on your machine will include the following:
What to bring with your machine to your next service appointment:
- Remove all covers
- Clean out all dust and lint
- Lube top and bottom shafts
- Oil take up lever, needle bar, rotary hook, etc.
- Check belt tension, thread tension and timing
- Test various stitches
- Computerized machines - go through all test modes available
- Power cord
- Foot pedal
- Needle plate & basic foot
- Embroidery machines:
- Embroidery Foot
- Embroidery Unit
- Embroidery Hoop
Tips from the Bench:
- Service your sewing machine annually. Just like your car, your sewing machine requires regular maintenance to keep it in top working order.
- Change your needle regularly
- Check for built up lint around the feed dogs and bobbin case in between service appointments. Remove the lint with a small tweezer or brush. Never use canned air on your sewing machine.